Purpose of the Job
To generally to maintain the Corporations prime books of entry. The incumbent reports to the Financial Accountant.
- Develop policies and procedures that ensure timely payments and receipts recording
- Bank Reconciliations
- Timely attendance to debtors and creditors queries
- Timely reconciliations of debtors and creditors
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and procedures, and good accounting practices
- Liaise with clients, as well as internal personnel on finance matters
- Prepare for internal and external audits
- Produce periodic financial accounting reports
- Handle tax remittances, reconciliations and audits
Knowledge, skills and behavioural attributes
- Computer literacy (knowledge of relevant accounting software);
- Communication and inter-personal skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to details
- Good Team player
Qualification and Experience
BCom Accounting, General Accountant or an equivalent qualification.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
Term of Contract
Permanent and Pensionable terms
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position
How to Apply:
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by educational certificates and transcripts in PDF FORMAT ONLY to [email protected]. Job title must be used as the subject heading. Closing date is Wednesday 18th August 2021 at 17:00.
To apply, candidates MUST download and fill an application form accessible on the Corporation’s website: www.lndc.org.ls Detailed job descriptions are also available on the website.
Enquires: HR Office – +266 2231 2012
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appoint suitable candidates that meet application requirements. No late applications will be accepted