The Authority seeks applications from qualified, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the following position within the organisation. The positions are based in Maseru, Mohale’s Hoek and Leribe respectively. It requires good spoken and written Sesotho and English. A competitive and market-related remuneration package including non-contributory benefits is offered. Brief descriptions of the position is provided below.
Accounts Assistant (3)
Key Result Areas:
• Timely, efficient and accurate completion of assigned tasks, including receipting, data entry and some bookkeeping tasks
• Effective communication with other Finance staff
• Adherence to accounting procedures and instructions
• Technician Accountant or Degree in Accounting or B-Com or related qualification
• Working knowledge of accounting packages
• Ability to follow procedures and written and verbal instructions
• Able to use of Microsoft Word and Excel and, preferably, accounting software including SAGE 300.
• Able to prioritise tasks
• At least one (1) year’s experience of similar accounting work
Submission of Applications
All applications must include a fully completed application form, a detailed CV with the names and contact details for three referees, and a covering letter, all copies of certified educational certificates. Application forms may be obtained at the Reception or may be downloaded from the Authority’s website www.laa.org.ls.
Requests for further information and completed application forms may be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to LAA Building (next to Radio Lesotho), Lerotholi Road, Maseru, or posted to P.O. Box 11856, Maseru 100, for the attention of The Director of Corporate Services, Land Administration Authority. Envelopes containing the application, or email subject line, should clearly state the position applied for.
Applications must be received on or before Wednesday 03rd June 2020. All shortlisted applicants will be informed as to the status of their applications (please provide an email address for this purpose). Applicants who do not hear from the Authority by Tuesday 30th June 2020 may assume that their applications have not been successful.