Job Title: Accountant
Position Reports to: Finance and Admin Manager
Job Purpose: The Accountant would be responsible for maintaining proper books of accounts for the Institute. Prepare monthly financial reports and any other reports as maybe required by management. This position would also be responsible for receivable collections.
Competencies. Demonstrated capabilities on:
• A strong competence in accounting standards, code of ethics for accountants, Lesotho Taxation, Company Law and PFMA Act.
• Able to work under pressure and extended hours
• Good collections control
• Supervisory skills
• Organizations skills
• Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
• Monthly management accounts.
• Manage all accounting transactions.
• Up to date records.
• Up to date age analysis, both receivables and payables.
• Reconciliations of receivables, payables, and all ledger accounts.
• Maintain assets register.
• On-time filing of tax returns.
• Correct and timely billing of clients.
• Manage receivables.
• On-time processing of supplier’s payments.
• Monitoring spending and budgets.
• Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports.
• Confidentially handle sensitive information.
• Assist in auditing of financial statements.
Required Skills and Experience
Education : General Accountant
Experience : Minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant field.
Language Requirements : Fluent written and spoken English. Fluent in English and Sesotho
How to apply: Please send your application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to;
Email; [email protected]
Physical Address; 5 Orpen Road
Deadline for applications is 24th September 2021.
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. If you do not hear from us within a week after closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.