JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS CLERK
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTS PAYABLES ACCOUNTANT
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to Accounting and Administration
Department personnel and CBS
To provide prompt and efficient financial services to all departments as and when required.
- Assist Finance team to meet stated objectives including accounts payable, accounts receivable, stores
and back up for other team members.
- Responsible for depositing CBS monies daily
- Maintain the MPESA Cashbook and perform reconciliation thereof
- Capture ALL Cashbooks payments into the Sage 300 system daily
- Capture purchase requisitions into the Sage 300 system
- Maintain harmonious relationship with the suppliers
- Record all supplier invoices into the Sage 300 system and generate Goods Received Notes thereto
- Reconcile supplier accounts and process payments of suppliers
- Send a list of supplier invoices which have been invoiced to customers every time you process supplier
- Provide deal owners with ALL tendering documents as and when requested within a day
- Maintain files (electronic files included where needed), including filing ledger vouchers, accounts
payable documentation, Contracts, and other miscellaneous filings
- Maintain the PAYE records for production of P16s for staff on a monthly basis
- Prepare Suppliers Source Tax journals every month
- Prepare and Reconcile Suppliers Source tax on a monthly basis
- Remit ALL taxes to the Lesotho Revenue Authority on a monthly basis
- Submit ALL reports as requested on a weekly and monthly basis
Analytical and problem solving
Attentive to detail and accurate
Well organized and focused
Ability to work under pressure
Good communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to report
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Business Studies with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, OR
Technician Accountant with a minimum of 1 year’s experience.
The applicant should not be above 30 years of age.
Interested candidates should forward an application letter, a detailed CV, certified copies of certificates and
transcripts to: [email protected]
NB: NO HARD COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The deadline for submission of applications is 1st April, 2021.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us within 5 working days after deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.