Business Unit / Division: PBG
Reporting To: KAM Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Gauteng (but responsible for access nationally)
- The Access Specialist is required to act as an ambassador for Pfizer, by providing the required service to relevant HCP to gain access on their patients’ behalf, to a Pfizer Anti-infective portfolio. The Access Specialist need to uphold values and goals of the organization in all interactions with HCP’s.
Key Performance Outputs
- Manage all anti-infective products , by assisting relevant HCP’s in access guidance and support;
- Ensure that all paperwork is timeously disposed of, in accordance with Pfizer compliance regulations
- Customer relationship building: Customized support tailored to suit each hospital groups’ needs, and thorough knowledge of systems and procedures
- Once per year to train the hospital case managers and or clinical pharmacists in outlying areas, to ensure that the process is compliant to Pfizer SOP’s.
- Advisory capacity to PSRs via Hospital SM on the execution in line with Pfizer SOP’s
- Attending trainings, local meetings as relevant – to be identified by the hospital SMs
- Develop comprehensive working knowledge of the various medical funders, hospitals; HCP and other stakeholders that pertain to achieving access
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of current issues and trends in the pharmaceutical environment and the implications for the Pfizer business
Reporting to the KAM Lead, but working in close collaboration with the Sales Managers of the hospital teams, to support delivery of the service.
- Qualified nurse and currently registered with the Nursing Council of South Africa
- A valid driver’s license and trustworthy vehicle
- Proficient in written and spoken English
The following qualities that will be beneficial:
- At least 3 years’ experience working with healthcare funders and a good understanding of the South African managed healthcare environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in assisting Hospital HCP’s in access , guidance and support to Pfizer anti-infective portfolio.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Computer literacy (including MS Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Pfizer Customer Engagement Programs
Behavioral Skills and Attributes
- Functional/technical skills
- Seizes Accountability
- Commits to “One Pfizer”
- Team player
- Acts Decisively
- Execution skills
- Change agile
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.