Request for Bids
Employer: Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd
Project: Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP)
Contract title: Electrification of Rothe villages in Maseru
Credit No.: 6532-15
RFB No: LS-LEC-385290-CW-RFB
Issued on: 1st November, 2023
- Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Electrification of Rothe villages in the Maseru District.
- The Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following works at Rothe in the Maseru district:
- Extension and Construction of 11/33kV electrical distribution line.
- Installation of 11/400 or 33/400 kV transformers.
- Construction of 0.4kv (LV) lines.
- Service connection to households.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IF Borrowers World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 updated November 2020 (Fourth Edition) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd, Mr. Mokheseng Mokuoane, Project Manager LREEAP LEC email: [email protected] Cc [email protected] and inspect the bidding document during office hours 08H00 to 1700 hours at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of LSL3000.00 (Three Thousand Lesotho Loti). The method of payment will be direct deposit or bank transfer into the below banking details and sending of proof of payment (POP) into the below email address shown below. The document will be sent by email. The banking details:
Account Holder: SREP Grant (TF-1681) Lesotho Electricity Company
Account Number: 11990115232
Branch Code: 390161
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 30th November, 2023 at 10H00. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 30th November, 2023 at 10H30. Bidders are notified that there will be a pre-bid meeting on 13th October, 2023 at 10H00 to be held at the below shown address. A site visit to the Project site shall be convened on the same day; 13th October, 2023 and the point of assembly for interested bidders is Main South One to Ha Majane T-junction at 12H00.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration using the relevant form provided in the bidding document
- The address referred to above is:
Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP) LEC
Attn: Mr. Mokheseng Mokuoane
120 Lancers Road, Opposite New State House,
Maseru West, Lesotho