It’s saddening to see locals fall prey of scam jobs. The scam jobs are mainly targeting job seekers in order to take advantage of them financially.
Here are signs to help you avoid scam jobs. Rule of thumb, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.
- They use personal or free email instead of company email. They also use personal cell numbers instead of a landline or company telephone.
- They need upfront fee for the job placement. The company needs you, not the other way round, so they can’t ask for money. Even recruitment agencies are paid by companies.
- They require many people to apply. E.g. 100 people needed to work at call center immediately and their requirements are very simple and almost everyone qualifies.
- They always have many different fake fields for everyone. E.g. Cleaners, Drivers, Security jobs, Nannies, etc.
- Their job adverts are without qualifications or experience.
- They frequently advertise the same job advert throughout the year.
- Their job advert has very minimal information and there are no application closing dates.
- You are offered a job without being interviewed and mostly notified via email or a phone call at some instances.
- You are asked to send or transfer money. You can be asked to pay fees for such things as accommodation, legal documents, housing or otherwise.
- You are asked to provide sensitive information such as banking details, or identification numbers.
Please note that Selibeng.com makes all attempts to ensure the authenticity of each job vacancy published on the platform, and that Selibeng.com does not allow advertisers to charge any fees to applicants. Make sure you ask questions about the job if you’re unsure.