The Programme Director (PD) is the key management leader of Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Programme (TVEP). The PD is responsible for overseeing the administration, programmes, and strategic plan of the organisation. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission
- Responsible for leading all projects and sectors in a manner that supports and guides the organisation’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organisation
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of TVEP, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organisation
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilisation, and maintenance of the organisation in a positive financial position
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support TVEP’s mission
Organisation Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programmes, strategic planning and community outreach
- Responsible for implementation of TVEP’s programs that carry out the organisation’s mission
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that TVEP can successfully fulfil its Mission into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of TVEP’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with government, professional, civic and private organisations
Organisation Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organisation are appropriate
- Responsible effective administration of TVEP operations
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organisation
A tertiary qualification or equivalent in a relevant and related discipline to our work; applicants with experience in the NPO sector are encouraged to apply minimum of 5 years in management role in a NPO sector.
Shortlisted applicants will demonstrate a history of high integrity leadership, management skills, hands-on experience, finance management competency, innovation, collaboration, decision-making skills, excellent reporting capacities, and comprehensive understandings of South African law with respect to Human Rights.
More about TVEP may be found here: www.tvep.org.za
Compensation will range from R36 000.00 – R40 000.00 depending on qualifications.
Email a covering letter outlining your motivation to take on this role, professional CV, and three professional references to: [email protected]. Deadline for submissions is 18 January 2019. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Should you not hear from us by 25th January 2019, please consider your application unsuccessful. Those who applied earlier are not required to reapply as they will still be considered as part of this advertisement.