Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE : TRANSMITTER ENGINEER
GRADE : G
RESPONSIBLE TO : SENIOR ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT : RADIO
STATION : MASERU
NO. : (1)
To give a description of the work that is to be performed, the powers and duties involved, organisational relationships, working conditions and other relevant information about the work to be done.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of all technical equipment at the transmitter station.
- Responsible for carrying out field strength measurement to determine the extent and quality of coverage
- Advises on the best specifications for technical equipment intended for use at the transmitter station
- Responsible for supervising and monitoring on the job training in transmitter work for newly recruited staff
- Supervises and manages technical staff attached to the transmitter station
- Responsible for vehicles for the technical staff
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Engineer
B.Sc. Electronics or B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent or B.Sc. with passes in Mathematics and Physics.
Additional qualification in the following will be considered an advantage; Radio/TV Engineering/Electrical Engineering e.g BBC, AB and Engineering modules
Post Graduate Diploma in Electronics or Radio Engineering
Two years working as CTO or 4 years as P.T.O
Deadline for submission of applications is on the 23rd MARCH 2019
NB. Applications forms can be found at HR office Ministry of Communications, Science & Technology, 3rd Floor Moposo Building and HR office, Maseru Main Post Office, 2nd Floor.