- To proactively promote a relationship based offering through a primary point of contact, which meets the client’s expectations by providing them with personalised financial solutions in line with the Customer Value Proposition.
- To support the Private Banker in providing a relationship based offering to the Sub-Segment, which meets customer expectations both on a personal and business level by ensuring that personalised service levels are maintained and cross-sell opportunities are maximized, while ensuring strict compliance with laid-down risk management controls and credit procedures
- Prepares account holder records and new mandates for signature, in need.
- Opens or upgrades account/s on Branch Delivery System (BDS).
- Ensures that accounts reflect the correct market segment, customer representative, portfolio number and importance level.
- Separates KYC documents and Accountholder Records and prepare for onward forwarding to be imaged.
- Updates account notepad with comprehensive notes, and capture override of credit score declines on authority of credit module, where applicable.
- Arranges for transfer of customer debit orders, if required.
- Attends to linking and de-linking of accounts to cards.
- Loads Electronic Account Payment limit on card.
Capture amendments to accounts as per customer instructions.
- Prepare fresh mandates, when necessary & file new mandates in customer annexure file.
- Update account notepad with comprehensive notes regarding amendments.
- Attend to electronic account payments limit increases.
- Refer any requests to close a client’s primary account or any investment accounts to the Private Banker, whose authority must be obtained before the instruction is carried out
- Obtain credit bureau clearance for all new and review credit applications.
- Assess financial statements.
- Attend to requirements and capture credit applications for all credit facilities (new facilities as well as the review of facilities), including Guarantees by Bank and Property Guarantees, and the application for collateral documents, where required.
- Issue Banker’s Acceptances on approval from credit once rates have been established with Treasury Division and update Banker’s Acceptances Register.
- Apply for increases of MasterCard/Diners club Card limits.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and support migration initiatives.
- Communicate with customers in such a manner as to take advantage of the opportunity to market/cross-sell existing products and promote new business.
- Pass leads for sales opportunities on to the Private Banker.
- Advise the Private Banker whenever a bank report is requested from another financial institution, with a view to bringing business over to the agent bank resulting in a potential loss of business / client from portfolio.
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Action reports according to laid down procedures
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- At least degree in BCom Accounting or Business related field
- Good knowledge of Bank’s Products
- 1-2 Years in Personal & Business Banking experience in the Service and Support areas
- Good knowledge of Bank’s processes and procedures