Lerotholi Polytechnic is committed to advancing technological, scientific, commercial education and training through research and development.
DIVISION : ACADEMIC
SCHOOL : SCHOOL OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
JOB TITLE : TRADE INSTRUCTOR
REPORTS TO : HEAD OF PROGRAMME
Under the general supervision of the Head of Programme, the Trade Instructor is responsible for teaching and assisting students as well as monitoring them on industrial attachment. Conducts curriculum review, internal examination moderation, students counseling and discipline, and assists in the overall development of the programme.
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials, delivers lectures and conducts practicals, for 20 to 24 hours per week
- Assists the Head of Programme for the development of the programme.
- Enforces technical procedures on students to facilitate constant adherence to safety rules and standard
- Acts in the office of Head of Programme in his absence.
- Conducts tests and examinations for assessments and keep updated records
- Monitors students on industrial attachment to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Ensures discipline of students
- Mentors junior instructors to ensure adherence to and maintenance of good teaching standards
- Conducts curriculum review
- Conducts research and development
- Partakes in the internal moderation of examination papers
- Diploma in Related Field of work plus a Certificate in Bricklaying and Plastering.
- Advanced Technical Teachers Certificate in Bricklaying and Plastering plus two years experience in craftsmanship
- A Teachers qualification, relevant Craft Certificate plus 2 years experience.
Knowledge and skills
- Must be able to teach all other Bricklaying and Plastering Courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications, which should include Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
– The closing date for all applications is Tuesday 20th November, 2018 at 16:00 hours