The Kingdom of Lesotho represented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (hereinafter referred to as the “Purchase”) received a Grant from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) toward the cost of the Wool and Mohair Promotion Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract: The Tender for Supply and Delivery of Artificial Insemination Equipment: IFAD/WAMP/G19/B210/2018/2019.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply and Delivery of Artificial Insemination Equipment. The maximum duration for the supply, delivery, installation and commissioning of Goods is thirty (30) working days after the signature of the Contracts.
The bidding documents covers the folowing goods:
| Semen Extraction equipment: Artificial vagina for sheep
i) Cornical tube
ii) Artificial vaginal bag
iii) Collecting tubes
vi) Selo tape
|Pippete P 200||2|
|Tips for Pippete P20 and P 200||2 pkts|
|Pipepete P 5000||2|
|Tips for P5000||2pkts|
|Cuvette for Photometers||2pkts|
|Sodium chloride solution flask||10|
|Extenders for processing|
|Stainless steel sterilizer||2|
|Ovine mini clear straw||(2000 per pkt) * 6pk|
|Ovine mini pastel green straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Ovine-caprine mini pastel yellow straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Ovine-caprine mini pastel light blue straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Ovine-caprine mini pastel salmon straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Ovine-caprine mini pastel putty straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Ovine-caprine mini pastel Red straw||(2000 per pkt) *4pk|
|Fresh semen transport equipment|
|White thermos flask||20|
|Miniaturized sheath||(40 per pk) 2 pkts|
|(20 per pk) * 500|
|PMSG (intergonan PMSG, 1 prk 5* 1000 IE)||2 pkts|
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in IFAD’ Project Procurement Guidelines – September 2010.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Wool and Mohair Promotion Project and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from the 29th October 2018.
- A prospective Bidder requiring any clarification of the bidding documents may notify the Wool and Mohair Promotion Project in writing to the attention of:
Attention: Mr Morakanye Mafatle, Procurement Officer
Address: Wool and Mohair Promotion Project,
Department of Livestock Services
Old Airport Road
Facsimile number: N/A
Electronic mail address: [email protected]
- A complete set of bidding document may be delivered to any interested eligible bidder.
- Bids must be received by the Purchaser at the address specified below, no later than 4th December 2018 at 13:45hrs at Lesotho time. Late bids will be rejected.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days after the bid submission deadline, and must be accompanied by a bid security of Ten Thousand Maloti or equivalent in any other foreign currency and valid for 120 days after the bid submission deadline.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend on the 4th December 2018 at 14:00hrs Lesotho time at
The Secretary of Tender Panel
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
First Floor near the boardroom Headquarters
80 Constitution Road
P.O Box 24