TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Hiring Office: UNFPA Lesotho
Purpose of consultancy: Lesotho is experiencing an El Niño induced drought with below-average rainfall experienced during the 2018-2019 rainy season. This is predicted to have a negative impact on the agriculture season both in terms of harvests and labour opportunities. Based on the IPC projections, 340 000 people are expected to be food insecure.
UNFPA, under the CERF emergency fund, will embark on a cross-sectoral emergency response to communities affected by the ongoing drought in the five districts of Maseru, Mafeteng, Mohale’shoek, Quthing and Qacha’snek.
Targeted populations will include children, men and women, youth, People Living with HIV/Aids (PLWHA) particularly those who are already migrating due to the El Nino induced drought, children left behind and at-risk border community members. In addition, the project intends to provide emergency protection intervention to the victims of Gender Based Violence (GBV) including Trafficking in Persons (TiP), child marriages, and other violence and human rights abuses.
UNFPA therefore seeks to engage a consultant to conduct a rapid mapping exercise to document GBV, VA, TiP service providers, services and available structures in the 5 affected districts, to improve the response to GBV, VA and TiP incidences.
1) To map out GBV service providers and response teams in communities within the five district
2) To identify available structures in prevention and response to GBV, VA, TiP
3) To identify/mark GBV Hotspots in each district
Scope of work:
1. Develop a mapping template
2. Undertake mapping of available service providers and structures in preventing and responding to GBV, VA and TiP prevention and response at community and district levels
3. Develop a comprehensive report of the exercise and submit to UNFPA
Duration and working schedule: The contract is for 20 working days and work is expected to be completed within 20 DAYS after start of the contract.
Inception report that details a road map and timelines of the mapping exercise 2 days after engagement
Travel to districts for Mapping exercise 10 days
Draft report writing and data compilation 6 days
Review of comments 1 day
Submission of the Final Report 1 day
Place where services are to be delivered: UNFPA.
Delivery dates and how work will be delivered (e.g. electronic, hard copy etc.) The proposed schedule and delivery dates are outlined as follows;
Activity Delivery Date
Inception Report 6-7 February 2019
Mapping Exercise 11-20 February 2019
Draft report 27 February 2019
Final Report 1 March 2019
Work will be submitted electronically and through a hard copy
Monitoring and progress control, including reporting requirements, periodicity format and deadline: The consultant will be monitored by UNFPA based on performance to meet the delivery dates mentioned above.
Supervisory arrangements: The consultant will be directly supervised by UNFPA CO; GVB and Human Rights Officer with the assistance of the DPGO. The consultant will provide regular feedback and updates to UNFPA CO.
Expected travel: UNFPA will incur cost of work related travel and accommodation within the country. The in-country travel includes visit to 5 districts.
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
• A Degree or equivalent qualification in the area of public health, social science and data management.
• At least 5 years’ professional experience preferably in undertaking service providers mapping exercises.
• Fluency in oral and written English and must be computer literate.
• Ability to work independently and must be self-reliant.
• Must be able to engage sub-contractors who will conduct GBV and Vulnerability Assessment Service Mapping simultaneously
Inputs / services to be provided by UNFPA or implementing partner (e.g. support services, office space, equipment), if applicable: Financial assistance
UNFPA will provide:
• Vehicle to travel to the districts and communities
• Office space for data capturing
• Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) where applicable
Other relevant information or special conditions, if any:
How to Apply Interested Parties should send both their Proposal and CV to [email protected] by close of Business on Friday the 1st of February 2019.