The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Reporting: This role will be reporting to the Team Leader
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.
- Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work:
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
Education and Job Experience
- Trade Test Certificate – Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Must have 3 years Dealership experience in maintenance and repairs of heavy commercial vehicles.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Must have the ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.Must be Computer Literate.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.