We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers according to SLA standards. Tech Engineer is expected to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
• Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
• Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
• Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Prepare accurate and timely reports
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
• MUST HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE WITH AT LEAST ONE YEARS DRIVING EXPERIENCE (Any unlicensed applicants will be automatically discredited
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
• Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. TeamViewer)
A cover letter, CV’s together with a scanned copy of certificates are to be send to [email protected] with subject “Technical Support Engineer” no later than the 15th January 2019.
All Scanned credentials should be on a pdf format. NO APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE HAND DELIVERED AT OUR OFFICES AS THEY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.