TECHNICAL ORPHANS AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN (OVC) LEAD
For the USAID Karabo ea Bophelo Project
To prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Technical OVC Lead will be responsible for the technical oversight of the OVC components of the project, including work planning and reporting.
S/he will also guide the care and support provided to children and adolescents living with HIV enrolled in the project; and provide technical direction to project implementation.
REPORTS TO: PROJECT CHIEF OF PARTY
DURATION: FIVE YEARS (Contingent on Funding)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, social work, child development, education or related field
• At least 8 years of experience designing, implementing and managing OVC projects of similar scope and size; with experience in Lesotho highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience in managing programs that address the needs of vulnerable children and adolescents, adolescents living with HIV, OVC caregiver support, economic strengthening, child protection, violence against children, case management, early childhood development, OVC Policy and Advocacy.
• Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for PEPFAR-funded OVC programs
• Familiarity with Lesotho’s institutional, policy and programming context for OVC.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required.
Kindly hand deliver applications to Reception –World Vision Office Opposite Machabaneng on or before 08 April 2019 at 12:00 Noon.
Maseru 100 Lesotho
Tel. (+266) 22 317371