The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
Karabo eaBophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
Project Name: Karabo eaBophelo
Position: Technical Lead, Strategic Information
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Chief of Party, Karabo EaBophelo
Classification : Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon grant award funding and candidate approval by the donor
The Technical Lead, Strategic Informationwill be responsible for overall leadership in the management and implementation of all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project. He/She will support the team to ensure compliance with all donor data reporting requirements and will be responsible for timely completion and submission of all programmatic reports.
The Technical Lead, Strategic Information will develop and oversee implementation of short and long-term Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans to assess the achievement of programmatic goals and objectives for BCMCFL and all sub-recipients.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop data collection and data analysis tools for all activities and interventions
- Train and mentor team members on the use of all data management tools
- Ensure proper capturing and documentation in Government of Lesotho registers or reports
- Lead the development and implementation of data quality assessments and improvement plans
- Compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual MEL reports
- Use reports to provide feedback to project implementers
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to provide feedback and guidance to management on proposed adjustments to programming based on performance and achievement of targets
- Participate in stakeholder meetings
- Conduct training activities which support enhanced data collection, management and MEL skills of BCMCFL and all sub-recipients
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demography, Public Health or other relevant discipline; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in providing monitoring and evaluation support to health or development projects. Experience in designing, implementing and managing OVC and/or HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health-focused prevention services in Lesotho desirable.
- Experience with PEPFAR programming including OVC, HIV prevention and programming for adolescent girls and young women.
- Experience with PEPFAR reporting frameworks including MER and DATIM.
- Experience in the use of database computer packages, preferably experience with one or more of the following programs: SQL, MS Excel, STATA and SPSS.
- Familiarity with Lesotho’s institutional, policy and programming context for OVCs and HIV.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and strong analytical, organizational andplanning skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the Technical Lead, Strategic Information.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 28th March 2019