The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
KaraboeaBophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
Project Name: KaraboeaBophelo
Position: Technical Lead, Prevention Services
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Chief of Party, KaraboeaBophelo
Classification : Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon grant award funding and candidate approval by the donor
The Technical Lead, Prevention Services will have responsibility for technical oversight of the Prevention components of the project.
The Technical Lead, Prevention Services will be responsible for the technical oversight of the Prevention components of the project, including work plan development and reporting. S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and support the COP in providing technical direction to project implementation and ensure that the Prevention results are met. S/he will ensure strong linkages with all other project components, and guide the care, treatment and support provided to children and adolescents living with HIV enrolled in the project.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide technicaloversight ofthe HIV preventioncomponents of the project,including work plan developmentandreporting on comprehensive prevention packages for children and adolescents of various age bands
- Overseeallpreventionactivitiesincollaboration withthe othertechnical leads
- Train and mentor partners and sub-recipients involved in provision of comprehensive prevention packages
- Design and support referral and linkage pathways between and within partners to complement and build upon prior service delivery areas
- Guide thecareandsupportprovidedto childrenandadolescentsliving with HIVenrolledintheproject
- Liaise with Government ministries and multi-lateral stakeholders on prevention activities
- Ensurestrong linkageswithallotherprojectcomponents
- SupporttheCOPinprovidingtechnical directionto project implementation and ensurethat Prevention results areachieved
Qualifications and Experience:
- ABachelor’sDegreeorequivalentinpublichealth,socialsciences,social work, child development,education orrelated field; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 8 yearsofexperienceindesigning,implementingandmanagingHIV andsexualreproductivehealth-focusedpreventionservicesofsimilarscope and size, with experienceinLesotho highlydesirable.
- Demonstrated knowledgeofandexperiencewithPEPFARprogramming, including HIVpreventionandprogramming foradolescentgirlsandyoung women.
- FamiliaritywithLesotho’sinstitutional,policyandprogrammingcontextfor HIV.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the Technical Lead, Prevention Services.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 28th March 2019