INVITATION FOR BIDS
- Partners In Health Lesotho, through Ministry of Finance has received funds from the Global Fund which are intended to support activities intended to fight against HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria. Part of the funds will be used to pay for eligible costs of procuring food packages for MDR-TB patients.
- Therefore, Partners In Health, Lesotho invites sealed bids from interested bidders for the Supply and delivery of food packages for MDR-TB patients. The reference number for this Invitation For Bids (IFB) is: PIH/MDR-TB/food package/02-2019
- Specifications of items required and their quantities:
|No||Description||Size||Estimated Quantities per month from May 2019 to June 2019||Estimated Quantities per month from July 2019 to June 2020||Estimated Quantities per month from July 2020 to June 2021||Number of months|
April 2019 to June 2021
|1.||White Maize meal||1 x 25kg||312||328||361||26|
|2.||Sugar beans||1 x 2kg||312||328||361||26|
|3.||Split Peas||1 x 2kg||312||328||361||26|
|4.||Brown sugar||2 x 2kg||624||656||722||26|
|5.||Sunflower Cooking oil||1 x 2L||312||328||361||26|
|6.||Powdered full cream milk||1 x 1kg||312||328||361||26|
|7.||Iodized Salt||1 x 500g||312||328||361||26|
|8.||Sorghum meal||1 x 10kg||312||328||361||26|
- Detailed Bidding Document: Interested bidders may obtain further information at Procurement Department from 12th February 2019, from 9:00AM to 3:00PM
Partners In Health Procurement Department
House No.233 Corner Lancers and Caldwell RoadsTel: (+ 266) 22312399 OR (+266) 52281200
Email: [email protected]
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders at the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of (M500.00) Five hundred Maloti only. The method of payment will be cash payable at:
Account Name: Partners In Health
Account Number: 9080003872056
Bank: Standard Lesotho Bank
Branch: City Branch (Maseru)
IFB Number: PIH/MDR-TB/food package/02-2019
Bidders must quote the IFB reference (PIH/MDR-TB/food package/02-2019) when filling the deposit slip.
- Validity of Bids: Bids must be valid for a period of 90 days after the bid submission deadline.
- Currency to be used: Prices must be quoted in Lesotho Loti (LSL)
- Mandatory Documents: Bidders must attach the following documents to their bids:
- Copy of valid tax clearance certificates certified at Source;
- Copy of valid relevant trader’s license certified at Source;
- Certificate of Bona Fide Bidding.
- Bid security certificate of 2% of the bid amount
- Letter from a registered Bank confirming availability of Credit Line of 30% or more of the bid amount.
- Business profile of the company
- Qualification requirements for award include amongst others:
- General business/operating experience of at least five years.
- At least two years’ business experience in the supply of human food stuffs
- Appropriate evidence of successful completion of similar contracts within the past two years whose value was at least M500,000.00 (five hundred thousand Maloti).
- Non-compliance with any of the above requirements may invalidate bids.
- There will be a bidders conference on the 19th February 2019 at 10:00AM to brief bidders on expectations and answer any relevant questions.
- Submission of Bids: Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 14h00, 26th March 2019. Late bids will be rejected.
Partners In Health Lesotho
House 233 Corner Lancers and Caldwell Roads
Maseru West Maseru, Lesotho.
- Opening of bids: Bids will be opened on 26th March 2019 starting from 14:30 at the address specified in item 6 above. Bidders are encouraged to send their representatives to the bid opening. Bids will be opened even if any, or all bidders are not represented.
- Disclaimer: PIH is not bound to award the contract to a bid with the lowest or any evaluated price. PIH reserves the right to award the contract to the most cost effective evaluated bid, to reject any or all of the bids and or to cancel the tendering process if there are circumstances requiring cancellation of the process.