Superintendent (Area Manager) in the Engineering Division
EENG: TD 0172
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned position. The position is tenable in Quthing. The incumbent will be responsible to the Regional Manager South.
- BSc Electrical Engineering.
EXPIERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Maintenance of High Voltage equipment e.g lines & sub-stations
- Knowledge of National & International electrical codes and standards.
- Knowledge of budgeting process and budgetary control.
- Computer Literacy
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Technical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Analytical skills
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Amongst other things, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
- Adheres to network maintenance plans and schedules.
- Carries out root-cause analysis on network faults and rectify them.
- Communicates and enforces construction standards to private contractors.
- Coordinates network switching and load transfers.
- Designs extensions/ system improvements for network strengthening.
- Validates survey sheets, prepare and approve service connections quotations as well as quotations for relocation and damaged LEC network.
- Implements service connections to meet set targets.
- Identifies network weak points and propose system improvements.
- Authorises material requisitions for service connections, faults rectifications and planned maintenance.
- Enforces adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Provides support to SHEQ committee.
- Prepares reports and carry out standby duties.
- Leads and coordinates Quthing Area activities.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly marked the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver to the Registry, P O Box 423, Maseru 100, LEC Head office on or before 14th February, 2019. References should be made to EENG: DD 172 on all applications.