Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Stores Coordinator.
To receive, store and control stock items from suppliers and to issue to departments and / or contractors. To safe guard company assets by the overall management of the company stock and the usage thereof.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Ensure stock is kept organised and secure
• Receive, distribute and return stock where applicable and ensure transactions are correctly recorded in the Software system
• Conduct diesel stock count daily and stores items periodically and prepare reconciliation
• Analyse trends and assist buyers and production accountants with analysis
• Ensure that spares are distributed as according to maintenance schedules
• Ensure critical spares are always available
• Manage and supervise staff
• Ensure compliance and adherence to Stores and SHE policies, procedures and best practices and report any irregularities;
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and organised stores and diesel environment.
• Report any suspected wastage and theft
• Financial reporting at the end of the month
Legal and other requirements
• Valid driver’s license;
Qualifications and experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a procurement environment;
• Bcom degree with procurement experience
• Diploma or degree in logistics/ Procurement/Supply Chain Management , an advantage
• Exposure to materials buying in a mining environment and knowledge of logistics handling
• Experience on inventory software systems
Skills and competencies
• Organisational skills
• Time management and dead-line driven
• Management/Supervisory skills
• Analytical skills
• Leadership and Integrity
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Understanding of procurement procedures and supply chain management;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Department
Liqhobong Mining Development Company
5th Floor- Letsie Office Park,
Constitution Road, Maseru West
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of
applications is Friday 1st February 2019 at 16h00.
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted