Title: Software Engineer in Test
Location: Anywhere – World
Type: Full time
Category: Test Engineering
Employee Type: Regular
Job Description Summary
DataStax delivers the always-on, Active Everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra . We are seeking a talented Software Engineer in Test to join our team.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in software testing interested in working in a fast paced environment alongside other engineers in a distributed team. You ll be integral in helping define requirements, designing and executing on test strategies and improving on or designing new tools to break software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Constantly learn about technologies within our software stack.
- Maintain and create test automation and test automation frameworks.
- Collaborate and execute on test strategies including performance testing with fellow developers and engineers from different teams/expertise.
- Participate and potentially drive technology solutions to achieve repeatable and seamless product testing processes.
- Help on customer issues to reproduce their issues and make recommendations on testing.
- Help developers review their work by providing testing insight and challenging assumptions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in software engineering, testing and/or performance engineering
- Experience with Java and Selenium
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with full life cycle software development
- Collaborate well in a globally distributed team environment
- Strong technical experience with git (GitHub preferred)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation of work
- Desire to change the status quo and push for improvements
- Experience with Apache Solr, Spark, Cassandra and related technologies
- Experience with Tinkerpop, Titan and related graph technologies
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Agile Scrum process