Social Enterprise Director (with hospitality focus)
2 year contract to start April 2019
Dynamic and experienced hospitality professional needed for exciting project in Maseru, the capital city of Lesotho in southern Africa.
1. About Kick4Life & our Social Enterprises
Kick4Life F.C is the world’s first football club exclusively dedicated to social change, We are a charity and social enterprise with the aim of transforming the lives of disadvantaged children in Lesotho. Alongside our award-winning health, education and development programmes, we run a number of innovative social enterprises that both generate income for our work as well as provide training and employment opportunities for young people. These include:
The Kick4Life Inn & Conference Centre includes 12 beautifully furnished twin and double en-suite bedrooms offering high-quality accommodation in the heart of the Maseru, Lesotho’s capital city. We are ideally located for business customers and tourists, and we offer a complete conference service with our various meetings rooms and the stunning No.7 Restaurant on-site.
No.7 is a restaurant with a difference. We offer great food in a friendly environment with stunning views across the city. As well as the Restaurant, No.7 runs a catering service for a wide selection of internal and external events, from conferences and team-building days, to dinner parties and weddings. We can seat over 100 people at one time with indoor and outdoor seating areas. The outdoor area includes 2 wood burners and a braai. Our cuisine is a freshly prepared menu that expresses a European style with a Lesotho touch.
2. About the role
The Social Enterprise Director is a Senior Management Team position responsible for the integration between and overall management, growth, and profitable running of our hospitality social enterprises. This position will manage and work closely with our Inn & Conference Manager as well as our Restaurant Manager. The SE Director reports to the Country Director.
• Ensuring the smooth integration of all of our social enterprise operations, including effective and efficient communication lines, processes and procedures between them
• Managing the Social enterprise brands and ensuring actions and messaging are always aligned
• Promoting & marketing to all target sectors (public, business, government, tourism)
• Planning and organizing accommodation, catering and conferences to ensure our services are coordinated.
• Ensuring the highest standards of customer service delivery across all enterprises.
• Overseeing management bookings and payments
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure
• Maintaining statistical and financial records
• Working closely with the Country Director to provide new areas of enterprise growth and to provide regular reports on staff, sales, bookings, profits etc.
• Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
• Recruiting, training and managing staff
• Meeting and greeting customers
• Dealing with customer complaints and comments
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting
• Working with the Inn & Conference Centre Managers to provide oversight of Inn operations, from systems management through to managing a team of chambermaids, cleaners, maintenance officers, duty officers, receptionists etc.
• Working with the Inn & Conference Centre Managers to provide oversight of Conferencing operations, from promotion & securing new clients to overseeing conferences & events, ensuring they run smoothly
• Overseeing successful management of international tour groups staying at K4L including planning itineraries and ensuring successful delivery of tours
• Supervising maintenance, supplies, capital expenditure, renovations and furnishings
• Dealing with contractors and suppliers
• Ensuring security is effective
• Carrying out inspections of property and services
• Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
• Overseeing & working closely with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef to ensure excellent standards of food and customer service, including food purchase, staff/trainee management and development, pricing/profit margin targets, food quality, hygiene & safety and liaising with the herb and vegetable garden team to ensure production of relevant fresh produce that can be used in the restaurant.
• Experience in hotel & conference management
• Experience in restaurant management
• Experience of event running and management
• Strong financial, budgeting, analysis and reporting skills
• Strong marketing skills
• A commitment to exceptional customer service
• Experience of staff management
• Experience of working with, developing and training young people
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to respond positively to a pressurized environment and adopt a positive approach to problem solving
• Excellent personal skills and ability to deal a variety of people
• Patience, integrity, respect and lots of energy and enthusiasm
• Willing to work long, flexible hours including regular weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings as required
• Relevant qualifications in hospitality
Locally competitive plus benefits
Send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to [email protected]
Deadline February 15th 2019