Meet the New GSP
The GSP has been SU’s flagship program since 2008, and it occupies an important place in our history. The program has served innovators from a wide diversity of backgrounds like Muhammad Yunus, Anousheh Ansari, Astro Teller, Naveen Jain, Sylvia Earle, Esteban Bullrich, Peter Worden, and delegations from UNICEF and World Food Programme amongst others, and has catapulted many moonshot ideas to help positively transform the future of humanity. GSP has generated more than 1,000 impact innovations from over 45 countries. And, eighty-eight percent of the GSP startups that become portfolio companies continue to raise funds following their year with SU.
Based on this successful track record and the increased demand for this program, we were inspired to reimagine GSP to make it significantly more impactful for SU’s next ten years. As a result, we came up with a more hands-on, scalable, and global program that will turn radical ideas into real impact.
The Global Startup Program helps future-focused entrepreneurs transform radical ideas into tangible impact on a global scale. It’s a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused educational resources and world-class mentorship from SU’s faculty, staff, and industry experts—in a safe, nurturing environment. The program aims to scale startups into global businesses. We want to inspire you to solve the world’s biggest challenges and impact the lives of a billion people.
Denmark cohort application deadline: January 15, 2019
The Global Startup Program brings together entrepreneurs from around the world for structured, immersive workshops and intensive fieldwork in multiple locations around the globe, as well as continued access to support and resources via a best-in-class connectivity platform.
We’ll start by helping you cultivate a new mindset and toolset to overcome the challenges of technological disruption. Next, we’ll work with you to accelerate your time to product-market fit, transform your startup from an idea to a venture that can help a billion people (“billion-scale”), and connect you with a global community to catalyze results. In short, GSP is designed to help you create a 10x startup at a global level.
Denmark Cohort Application Deadline | January 15, 2019
Denmark Cohort Activate | Copenhagen | April 8 – May 5, 2019
Denmark Cohort Accelerate | Silicon Valley | June 3 – 30, 2019
The 12-Month GSP Journey
4 Weeks of Activate (in person)
- Expand into ideation at the billion scale
- Dive deep into bleeding-edge exponential technologies
- Discover the GGCs, concepts like abundance and 6Ds, and more, while pushing your mind to solve the greatest issues facing our planet
- Substantially evolve your communication and storytelling skills
4 Weeks of Accelerate (in person)
- Create a clearly differentiated value proposition
- Take your vision to prototype through customer validation
- Build a valid business plan and product roadmap
- Turn your solution from moonshot idea to minimum viable product (MVP)
- Develop your go-to-market planning, supported by mentorship and networking
1 Year of Connect (virtually)
- Leverage SU digital courses, webinars, virtual meetups, and more
- Work with best-in-class faculty, staff, and mentors
- Connect with SU’s international Chapters and community
- Join global meetups