|POSITION||· Senior Accountant|
|REPORTS TO||· Finance & Administration Manager|
|LOCATION||· National Office – Lesotho|
|PURPOSE||· To offer accounting services to the organization and ensuring that all financial resources that come into the organization are recorded, tracked, and accounted for and used in fulfilment of the core mission of the organization of building and renovating houses that ensure families live in decent houses and decent communities.|
|DUTIES||· Manage the accounting functions: Assist the Finance Manager in the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of National Office’s financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed timeframes.· Implementation of Internal Controls: Ensure the implementation of all internal control processes in all disbursements and transaction.
· Produce financial and statistical information: Oversee the production and storage of financial data and reports for the organization.
· Budget Preparation: Participate in the development of the annual budget and ensure that the National Office is spending according to budget through preparation of monthly budget versus expenditure analysis.
· Payroll Administration- Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of the payroll and ensuring that all statutory deductions are remitted to government in a timely and consistent manner.
· Loan Tracking System and Sun Systems reconciliations:- Supervise and ensure the integrity of the data entered into both the Sun Systems and Loan Tracking System.
· Ensure all bank and petty cash accounts are accurately and timely maintained
· Secure and prepare required supporting documentation for expenditure and Journal batches
· Reconcile fund transfers each month
· Oversee the disbursement process, ensuring required authorization and documentation
· Posting of all vouchers in Sun Systems.
· Conduct the month-end and quarterly end close process, including consolidation of project accounts, reconciliations, revaluation and preparation of financial statements
· Advise and implement financial policies while promoting fraud awareness in all activities
· Assist in the preparations for the year-end audit including providing all necessary documents
· Perform any other tasks as required by the Finance & Administration Manager
|QUALIFICATIONS||· University Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or similar· Professional accounting qualification to Certified Public Accountant or ACCA|
|EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED||· 3-5 years of working experience in a busy accounting environment in a microfinance institution or other financial services sector.· NGO experience and knowledge of regulations guiding donor funded projects.
· Practical experience in accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting is required.
· Good computer skills and In-depth understanding and proficiency in the use of computer-based accounting systems preferably Sun Systems. Microsoft Word and Excel skills are required.
· Ability to train and support finance and program staff in accounting matters
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal English and local language.
· Willingness and ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends and nights when needed to “get the job done”.
|OTHER INFOMATION||· Willing to uphold Christian principles of HFHL.· Confidentiality
· High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
Potential candidates must submit electronic copies of their applications accompanied by detailed CVs to the following email address: [email protected] on or before 12.00 noon on Friday 14th December, 2018.
Hand-deliver hard copies to the following address:
Habitat for Humanity Lesotho
Christian Council Building, 3rd Floor
Constitution Road, Maseru 100.