We’re searching for team members with a strong technical aptitude to source software engineers for our client companies. As a Seeker/technical sourcer, you will learn about the ideal candidates that each of our client companies are looking to hire. Then you will work alongside your team to find qualified candidates and pass them on to our Diviners (who research the candidates) and our Enchanters (who write personalized emails to the candidates about the job).
More specifically, you will:
- Be given a detailed job description called a heuristic which you will use to decide whether each candidate you find is a fit for the job you’re sourcing for.
- Use our software system (called the cauldron :)) to find potential candidates, review their resumes and determine if they match the heuristic.
- Communicate with your team using Slack, video chat, and other similar tools
- Review documentation to stay up to date on what our clients want
You will be successful in this role if:
- You want to learn a ton about different languages/frameworks and parts of the software stack. Our customers are tech companies with a diverse set of products and technologies (including self-driving cars and robotic life science labs!), so you’ll get to learn about some very interesting things.
- You can be flexible and work in a changing startup environment. In any given month, you can expect to be experimenting with new features in the cauldron, learning how to find candidates for brand new clients, and helping your team come up with new workflows and best practices. If this is something that excites you, read on.
- You can thrive in a distributed team. Your coworkers will be all over the the world. Are you comfortable using your webcam to attend team meetings? Are you just as comfortable working alone, only seeing your coworkers a couple times a week? Can you own your productivity? If this describes you, let’s talk.
To apply for this position, please respond to each of the following:
- Do you have any prior experience with programming languages/libraries/frameworks/etc.? Include courses you’ve taken, things you’ve built, or even just things you’ve read.
- Why are you interested in this job?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Please note that this is a remote contract position. The hourly base rate is $18 per hour plus bonuses that can add $1-3 per sourcing hour.