Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Mosotho to occupy the vacant position of Security Superintendent.
Provides support in overseeing and supervising all aspects of the security department through coordination of security operations, managing, training, conducting security performance of the entire security personnel.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Ensures that the Mine conforms to best practice and provides a secure environment;
• Co-ordinates safety audits and controls training of personnel and compliance measures in line with recognised safety standards;
• Provide leadership, advice and counsel to line management and subordinate personnel on matters of security policy and procedures
• Give direction to all security personnel in achieving current and long-term strategic objectives;
• Plan, co-ordinate and control operations and staffing requirements for the security department
• Identify and monitor security and customer requirements through liaison with stakeholders, gathering all relevant information and initiating changes to services and necessary adjustments to procedures and systems
• Control and justify section budget to ensure alignment with departmental objectives and budget;
• Notifies appropriate managers of security violations of policy/procedure by personnel and recommends improvement
• Evaluate changes to the Mining environment for security impact and report findings to senior management;
• Integrates and records security reviews of logs, statistics, and performance measures for the various security sections into month end reports as per Online Intelligence system; inductions, risk assessments, investigations and assessing Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness as per the inherent requirements of the position;
• Valid driver’s license.
Qualifications and experience
• 5 – 10 years of continuous supervisory application in a security background’
• Security Diploma/Degree, or higher certificate in Security Management or equivalent recognised qualification
Skills and competencies
• Leadership and managerial skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong quality orientation in terms of work standards;
• Strong conflict management skills;
• Cultural understanding;
• Strong business acumen.
• Adherence to principles of correct moral conduct;
• Problem solving abilities;
• Ability to professionally manage a diverse team including contractors and challenging situations;
• Ability to plan ahead and foresee possible issues that may impact on the achievement of production targets;
• Ability to interact well with other Senior Managers especially when compiling long- term plans and cost and capital budgets.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of
applications is Friday 15th February 2019
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted