• Develop turnaround strategy to improve performance of the schools and assist the management of the schools in implementing the strategy;
• Advise principals on the adoption of good management practices and new teaching styles;
• Advice principals on language policy within an emphasis on concept development;
• Advice schools on assessment policies, giving particular attention to assessment for diagnostic purposes and skills measurements;
• Assist schools in evaluating new management and teaching materials such as teaching programs (modules), assessment tools, improvised equipment and support materials;
• Advise on the management of subject department and organization of whole schools structures;
• Develop schools’ understanding of the legal and professional procedures involved in managing classrooms, department and schools;
• Effect improvement in the governance of schools and links with the communities they serve;
• Undertake school visits to deliver individual assistance in developing the institution;
• Liaise the District Education Manager as and when necessary;
• Compile school reports on advisory activities for the District Education Manager;
• Inspect all educational establishments as directed by District Education Manager;
• Assist school management with compliance to educational policies and financial accountability.
• Capacitate the schools management for a period of 3 years after which the schools shall be able to operate effectively and efficiently on their own.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Master’s Degree with specialization in Educational Management;
• Or BED with five years’ experience in management position in educational establishments.
• Experience as a principal for the school producing good results during his/her tenure of office shall be an added advantage.
• The incumbent should be computer literate and must also have necessary report writing skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Excellent command of English Language (reading, writing and spoken)
• Good Computer skills with sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Word. Excel, Power Point, email and internet
Closing Date: 15th February 2019
• Application letters accompanied by CV’s, certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, identification and two most recent employer references are to be delivered to the Human Resources Manager, Matekane Group of Companies Offices at MGC Park Corner Pope John Paul II Road & Mpilo Boulevard Maseru or e-mailed to [email protected] bearing the Subject ‘School Management Advisor’
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
• Only short-listed candidates will be responded to
• Selection interviews will be held at the date, time and place to be determined by MGC and The Ministry of Education
• Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their application
• If you have not received communication within 14 days from the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful
• MGC reserves its right to do background screening on candidates applying for this position