Perceiving migration as an opportunity, the Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town is committed to alleviating poverty and promoting development in the Western Cape while fostering integration between migrants, refugees and South Africans. In providing our assistance we advocate respect for human rights and use a holistic approach that considers all basic needs.
The Scalabrini Centre seeks to appoint a Personal Development Manager for the Women’s Platform, to be based in Cape Town.
The Women’s Platform aims to support migrant women from across Africa to become self-sufficient, engaged members of South African society by creating a platform to fight isolation and discrimination and promote socio-economic integration by sharing opportunities and experience, developing key job skills, supporting small business development, and fostering personal growth.
The purpose of the position is to provide support to the Programme Manager and assume day to day responsibility for the personal development component of the programme.
- Facilitate (or over-seeing) Personal Development and Facilitation trainings, updating / maintaining all curricula
- Manage the intake of members, completing all administration, venue hire, and participant follow up activities related to intake and trainings
- Facilitate bi-monthly Leader’s Group meetings, providing strong mentorship and support to group
- Coordinate monthly “open workshops” incorporating participant needs covering a variety of topics including women’s health, human rights, communication, leadership, or work readiness – networking and maintaining partnerships, securing external facilitators
- Develop lasting relationships with participants and Platform members, providing one on one support and coaching as appropriate
- Coordinate additional events for platform members
- Establish new partnerships and collaborations, and maintaining existing relationships with partners
- Oversee and manage quarterly Women’s Health Clinics in conjunction with SHAWCO and other external partners
- Ensure all administrative, financial and Monitoring and Evaluation tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Work in conjunction with the livelihoods manager on all management activities related to programme design, programme management, reviews, Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting (both internally and to various funders and partners)
- Assist with programme specific intern on boarding, portfolio management and design / delegation / any additional activities related to their internship
- Provide support to other aspects of the Women’s Platform (e.g. sector skills training, individual mentorship)
- A relevant tertiary qualification in psychology, organisational psychology, counselling, education or similar
- A minimum of 12 months’ work experience post completion of studies, gained within the development, support services or education sectors
- Strong facilitation and mentoring skills and experience in working with community based groups
- The ability to relate to individuals from differing backgrounds and to form appropriate relationships
- Curriculum design exposure very advantageous
- Empathy and a willingness to listen and coach
- Proven networking skills and an active network of contacts;
- Flexibility, strong problem solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Communication skills in English
- Fully computer literate
- Familiar with Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks
To apply, submit your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Further correspondence will only be entered into with applicants under consideration for the role
For more about the Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town, refer to www.scalabrini.org.za