SaveAct is an NGO promoting self-managed savings groups and smallholder farming, with an emphasis on sustainable livelihoods amongst rural households, including women, youth and persons with disabilities.
SaveAct seeks to appoint a Social Business Manager, to be based in Pietermaritzburg / Durban, and south towards the Eastern Cape.
Reports to: Enterprise Manager
Duration: One-year contract, renewable, based on performance
- Develop intimate knowledge of the products traded under SaveAct’s Zis’Ukhanyo brand
- Develop a quarterly marketing and product sales strategy
- Manage and ensuring team compliance with all sales systems and processes
- Sourcing of products which include agricultural inputs, healthcare and sanitation products;
- Maintain good relationships and negotiating prices with suppliers
- Develop and maintaining monthly product price lists
- Coordinate product deliveries to customers in a resource efficient way
- A relevant tertiary level qualification and good proficiency in use of Excel and digital systems
- Ability to develop robust systems and operating procedures
- Ability to communicate in Zulu/ Xhosa
- Experience in logistics and route planning
- Experience in the sale of agricultural inputs
- Demonstrable sales experience
- Communication skills
- Capable of working well with people and able to build up a strong set of supplier relations
- Tuned into the social and economic needs of the rural poor, especially women
To apply, submit your CV, covering letter, motivating your suitability, three references with contact details to [email protected]
You will be contacted for an interview should you be short-listed.
Terms will be negotiated.
SaveAct reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about SaveAct, refer to www.saveact.org.za