Fixed Term: 12 Months
Reports to: Gauteng Finance Administrator
Base: Gauteng Provincial Office
Child Protection Level: 2
Travel Requirements: 5% Domestic travel
Budget Responsibilities: none
Asset Responsibilities: Save the Children work tools
The Programme Assistant Intern will be responsible for providing administrative support to all Gauteng Provincial Office operations and including projects implemented in the provincial office. He/she is responsible for providing general administrative support and receptionist services Save the Children South Africa’s Gauteng Provincial Office and its Programmes/projects. (40% Office Admin and 60% Project Support Admin)
The incumbent will assume responsibility for the day-to-day administration and support management of the Provincial office.
The incumbent will also assist with the coordination of the programme/project logistics, planning of the training activities, procurement of services, materials and coordination of the Provincial programmes/projects team’s travels.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACOOUNTABILITIES
Reception Duties –
- Answer and address incoming phone calls and forward to appropriate person;
- Record messages;
- Deal with queries and provide correct information;
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
- Provide information and assistance to visitors
Administration Duties and Support–
- Office Record keeping & filing;
- Maintenance of equipment and building;
- Responsible for the logistical and travel arrangements for the provincial office including the projects;
- Organise and coordinate the relevant trainings, workshops and meetings required with relevant materials;
- Maintain inventory by checking stock, Manage office and project assets; Maintaining Admin / HR filing system
- Monitor and maintenance of fleet vehicles;
- Review & record fleet vehicle logbooks and inspections on a monthly basis;
- Reconciling of vehicles travelled KMs, petrol and toll gate receipts;
- Ensure regular vehicles services
- Requesting of quotations and invoices from service provider;
- Preparing and loading Payments requisitions on AGRESSO;
- Registration of incoming invoices.
Personal Assistant to Provincial Manager:
- Taking calls on their behalf & managing their calendars;
- Arranging their travel and general filing duties. Liaise with finance officer to handle requests and queries from Programmes/Project team/provincial Manager
- Must have passed Drade 12
- Post-matric qualification in administration – Administration certificate or Diploma/degree. Any other tertiary relevant qualifications.
- 1-year work experience in project/ office / business administrator is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in English and other local languages
- Strong organizational and office management skills, with excellent Computer Skills;
- Hands-on experience on project administration, inclusively on activity planning, reporting, progress monitoring, result evaluation;
- Ability to take initiatives and multitask without supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- A Valid Driver’s licence.
All candidates are to send their CVs and a cover letter to [email protected] with subject “Programme Assistant Intern” no later than 14h00 Friday, 21 March 2018. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.