CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE ECONOMIC FEASIBILTIY STUDY, SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT STUDY, PRELIMINARY DESIGN STUDY FOR THE UPGRADING TO BITUMEN STANDARD OF THABA-TSEKA –KATSE ROAD
The Roads Directorate (RD) was established through the Roads Directorate Act 2010 as a body corporate with perpetual succession as a non-profit making public institution governed by the Board of Directors. The Roads Directorate manages road infrastructure and ensures that existing roads and access routes are comprehensively and regularly maintained and rehabilitated when required, upgraded and extended in an efficient manner to meet the needs of the economy and the nation. The main functions of the Roads Directorate are road network planning, development and maintenance; quality assurance as well as construction and maintenance of footbridges.
- The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho (GOL) through the Ministry of Public Works and Transport – Roads Directorate, has set aside funds and invites suitably qualified LOCALLY REGISTERED AND ESTABLISHED CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY FIRMS WITH ATLEAST 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN ROAD DESIGNS to submit proposals for undertaking the feasibility study, social and environmental impact assessment study, preliminary design study for the upgrading to paved (bituminous) standard of the 53.89 km of road from Thaba-Tseka to Katse in Thaba-Tseka District.
- The scope of work in general, includes determination of the most technically feasible and economically viable option, environmentally acceptable and socially optimal option of upgrading the existing engineered gravel road. It also includes the determination of the impacts of the roads on poverty reduction, gender issues and environment, production of detailed engineering designs and cost estimates to enhance capacity of the road for the increased traffic flows. Finally to increase the design life of the road and reduce vehicle operating costs.
- Sealed Proposals labelled Financial and Technical (both sealed in separate envelopes) are invited from suitably qualified consultancy firms who have relevant experience and capacity in similar works.
- Detailed RFPs shall be available on request from the Procurement Office free of charge or can be downloaded from Roads Directorate website at: www.rd.org.ls. For further information contact the Procurement Office at the following address and office: Email: [email protected] or[email protected] Tel # : 22323029/22323024
P.O. Box 194
Procurement Section, Ground Floor (Room G11)
Corner Senate and Lepoqo Roads
Industrial Area (Opposite Browns Wholesalers)
- Mandatory pre-bid meeting shall be held at the Boardroom of the Roads Directorate(2nd Floor) on the 5th February 2019 @1000hrs
- All proposals, in a sealed envelope and clearly labelled Consulting Services for the Economic Feasibility Study, Social and Environmental Impact Assessment Study, Preliminary Design Study for the Upgrading to Bitumen Standard of Thaba-Tseka-Katse Road, must be accompanied by copies of valid Tax Clearance and Trader’s License Certificates certified at source should be attached to the technical proposal.
- It is recommended that the consultancy firms undertake the assignment in joint venture.
- The Proposals are to be deposited in the Tender Box situated at Ground Floor of the Roads Directorate Headquarters in Maseru on or before 12:00 Noon on Thursday 28th February, 2019 for their opening in public of the Technical Proposal at 14:30hrs of the same day in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who may choose to attend.
1.10 The Roads Directorate reserves the right to accept or reject any or all tenders for reasons that may be advanced.