Position of a Project Implementation Unit Director
Project Name: LS-Water Sector Improvement APL Phase II
Reference No.: LWSIP II/Comp III/C/41-2018
Credit No.: IDA/5492
The Government of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Additional Financing to the Water Sector Improvement Project-Second Phase, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for payment of the Project Implementation Unit Director position.
The objective is to oversee implementation of Lowlands Water Development Project Phase 2 which entails construction of water infrastructure. The aim is to provide access and improve reliability and sustainability of water supply to Zones 2&3 (Hlotse and Maputsoe) in the North of Lesotho, and Zones 6&7 (Mafeteng and Mohale’s Hoek) in the Sout
The duration of the assignment is 5 years with the initial contract of 12 months’ probation.
The scope of this position is as follows:
- Strategy Development
- Overseeing implementation of the Project
- Project monitoring
- Resource Controlling and Acquisition
- Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Leadership of organizational staff
- Corporate governance
The Ministry of Water now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide CVs indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The CV should not exceed 15 pages of font size 12, Times New Roman. Required qualifications and experience include:
The PIU Director for the Lowlands Water Development Project Phase 2 – Project Implementation Unit (LWDP 2 – PIU) should have the following qualifications and professional experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Civil/Mechanical and Electromechanical Engineering; and Water Resources. Must have relevant experience of at least 5 years as a senior Project/Programme Manager in water infrastructure development; OR
- Degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electromechanical/Engineering; and Water Resources. Must have relevant experience of at least 10 years as a senior Project/Programme Manager in water infrastructure development;
- Membership of a professional body;
- Demonstrated track record in project management of similar sized projects
- Excellent and strong leadership and strategic judgmental skills;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- People management skills;
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks in which public institutions operate;
- Knowledge of best practice in programme financing and implementation;
- Developed oral and written communication, presentation and public speaking skills;
- Knowledge of the principles of resource management and the ability to translate into practice including understanding of consultative processes;
- Understanding of systems, processes and techniques necessary to facilitate good quality and high productivity of services including knowledge of customer service strategies.
- Substantial experience with water sector institutions and policies in Lesotho will be an added advantage;
- Prior experience in multi donor funded projects or programme and understanding of the policies, procedures and goals of development assistance will also be an added advantage.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011), using Individual Consultant Selection Method.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (8:00 to 16:30hrs local time).
An envelope labelled “ PIU Director” must be submitted at the physical address below in hard copy or by email by the 3rdDecember 2018, 12:00hrs (Extended).
Attn: Commissioner of Water
15 UN Road
Sentinel Park Building
Tel: +266 – 22320127
Fax: +266 – 22324529
Email: [email protected]