PURPOSE: Reporting to the Recovery Supervisor, the Operator will facilitate the recovery of diamonds and the Recovery sort house operations, at Letšeng Diamonds Mine. They will ensure that recovery-sorting machines are operational, by sorting diamonds from the concentrate, grading diamonds and ensuring diamonds are accurately accounted for on a daily basis.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recovering, Sorting & grading of diamonds
• Operating and maintaining Flow Sort X-Ray machines
• Verify correct inputs of daily production into production reports for readiness of distribution
• File the reports for purposes of auditing exercises
• Bring practical issues and problems relating to the diamond sorting/ grading environment to the attention of the supervisor
• Play appropriate HSE roles as delegated, maintain HSE documentation as well as completion of inspections
• The incumbent is expected to be available on standby/call-outs for lengthy periods of time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• COSC as a minimum requirement
• 1 year experience in diamond sorting activities
• Post-school qualification (Certificate in Diamond Grading and Evaluation) will be an added advantage
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Attention to detail
• good eye sight
• Candidates will be required to undergo a Medical Examination of fitness as per requirements as well as eye tests specific to diamond sorting standards
• Candidates will be required to undergo Letšeng Mine pre-employment integrity testing, including polygraph examinations & background checks
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to The Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email to [email protected]
All online applicants should have the reference i95/259/REC as subject of the email.
CLOSING DATE: 8th March 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.