The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure Hexagon Mining systems at customer mine sites operate effectively and deliver tangible value to our customers mining operations. The Technical Analyst will also provide training, instruction and advice to our customers on the effective use and operation of Hexagon Mining systems.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Providing advice and support on technical solutions to Clients and within the services team
- Maintaining a complete understanding of the products in the Mining product range and be able to identify problems and their solutions and provide succinct instruction on rectification
- Investigating system and implementation issues related to software and hardware and seeing issues through to resolution in a timely and effective manner this includes working collaboratively with product management to ensure understanding of the issues, their causes and frequency
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of support function processes; actively maintain support database through capture of support issues and resolutions
- Reporting on current project and client issues, including updates on status and resolution methods, ensuring documentation is maintained appropriately
- Show initiative with regard to generating sales and passing these opportunities to the relevant sales team as they occur
- Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions given in respect to the health and safety of himself / herself and the safety of others
- Project management, which includes monitoring and reporting within a project budget
- Identifying variations to the scope of the projects, report on this, and ensuring that the project scope is delivered in a timely manner
- Ability to manage own time within the target number of project days allocated for each project
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measurements:
- Technical expert providing leadership, mentoring and support within Hexagon mining and the service team
- To provide high quality, effective systems implementation and analysis to the business in a timely and efficient manner
- The position works directly with the internal and external users to ensure the system tools they are provided with allow them to undertake their work in the most efficient manner.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A relevant University qualification in Mining Engineering, Science in Geology, Computer Science or a related field/equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability, including strong time management, prioritization and interpersonal skills.
- Prior commercial experience in the Mining industry.
- Experience providing technical support for precision mining software systems (desirable)
- Strong people management skills at all levels operators to dealer business managers
- Understanding of the application of project management mythologies to software implementation
- Demonstrated experience delivering quality customer service and a strong commitment to achieving customer outcomes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including the capability of supporting clients both locally and remotely and with non-technical audiences
- Experience providing training to non-technical audiences
- Desire to expand own knowledge and skill set as well as sharing knowledge with other team members
- Experience creating end-user training documentation
- String knowledge of Microsoft QL Server or relational databases, including the install and set up, following design standards, database indexing, report writing and data migration
- Strong diagnostic and analytics skills
- Ability to work independently and yet be fully accountable