PROJECT FIELD OFFICER (1 POSITION)
DUTY STATION: Maseru
PERIOD: 1 year 8 Months
REFERENCE NO: LS-SADP-64493-CS-INDV
The Government of Lesotho is implementing the Smallholder Agricultural Development Project (SADP) with financial support from The World Bank. The project covers seven districts – Maseru, Leribe, Botha-Bothe, Berea Mafeteng, Mohales’hoek and Quthing. SADP is coordinated by the Project Management unit (PMU) based in Maseru.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Project Field Officer shall be responsible to the Project Manager of the SADP Project Management Unit (PMU) and shall:
- Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, support Project implementation in their assigned districts for all activities of Component 1 and 2.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work plans and budget for the Implementation of SADP funded activities.
- Disseminate information and organize orientation session in the district to inform Districts officials, communities and other stakeholders of the objectives, Implementation modalities, progress and impact of the different project activities.
- For Sub-component 1.1 the PFO will collaborate with the PMU Competitive Grants Officer to support the implementations of the Competitive Grants Project by providing information on the Project, facilitating linkages between applicants and service providers, and field verification and monitoring of grants.
- For Sub-Component 1.2 the PFO will help the PMU Agri-Business/Marketing Officer to organize Districts marketing fairs and business roundtable meetings and to supervise contracted surveys and mentoring services, and will support efforts to identify mentoring services needed by local produced groups and associations in coordination with the District Marketing Officers.
- For Sub- Component 2.0 the PFO will support the implementation of Climate smart technology packages for smallholders. The PFO will participate in and help organise the Technology forums that will determine priority themes for funding, and will participate in the monitoring of contracts together with PMU Agricultural Investment Planning Officer.
- Present the PMU at districts meetings, as delegated by the PMU Project Manager.
- Brief district administration on Project activities on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Required experience
- Sc in Agriculture, Agronomy or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in Agricultural production
- In-depth knowledge of agriculture in Lesotho.
- Sesotho and English Fluency
- Community leadership and mentoring skills, able to support, motivate and liaise effectively with community groups.
- Ability and experience in workshop facilitation and giving presentation in both formal and non-formal settings.
- Ability to develop training programs and lessons plans
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and lead a team of communities.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their covering letter, detailed updated curriculum vitae with three references and copies of certified certificates and educational transcripts to:
Director Human Resource
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
Corner constitution road
P.O. Box 24
The closing Date for applications is July 16th, 2018 @ 16:00hrs.
PLEASE INDICATE REFERENCE NUMBER ON THE ENVELOPE.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.