The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following post:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
Post No. 2549: Associate Professor/Professor in the Department of Soil Science and Resources Conservation
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Applicants must be holders of a Ph.D. in Soil Science with specialization in Basic Pedology, Soil Ecology and Biogeochemistry, and/or Waste Management
• Demonstrated excellent skills in developing research project proposals to obtain extramural grants and accreditation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advising students at undergraduate and graduate levels in directed research and thesis credit.
• Pursue extramural grants and contracts from public and private sources to fund research on environmental issues.
• Provide professional and technical assistance to members of the department and its partner organizations in preparing and implementing research work plans at national, regional and international levels.
• Initiate, conduct and supervise original research in their areas of specialization.
• Contribution to Departmental and University wide governance
• Teaching experience at both undergraduate and post graduate degree levels
• Proven record as a successful teacher to teach courses in Basic Pedology, Soil Ecology and Biogeochemistry, Waste Management, Land Tillage and Water Management, Soil Physics and Eco climatology, and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control in Several Land use Ecosystems.
experience as evidenced by publications in scholarly journals.
• Experience leading or participating in international research, education or development projects.
• At least 3 years of post-doctoral research experience.
The appointment for this post shall be on contract for a period of two years.
The University offers salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CVs (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Applications and references should be addressed to:
– Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180,
Lesotho or emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position above is 5th April, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.