Job Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Principal Research Officer (PRO) at the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
Under the direct supervision of the Director Policy, Strategy and Information (DPSI), PRO is responsible to conduct operational research and collect statistical data with a view to providing policy advice, and support to CHE management and to the higher education sub-sector.
Qualifications: A Postgraduate Degree in Education or Social Sciences preferably with a major in research methods or equivalent qualification.
Experience: Minimum 6 years related work experience with a successful track record of conducting and managing research. A successful candidate should have a number of studies to their name on developmental issues including education in the SADC region and in Lesotho. Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and familiarity with data analysis software packages is essential.
- Knowledge of research design and implementation
- Knowledge of project management and Strategic management
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstration of personal drive and self-motivation
- Demonstration of visionary leadership
- Excellent level of writing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Technical, management and professional expertise
- Proactive and professionally confident
- Ability to work without close supervision
To apply: Please send application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae and two reference letters to:
The Chief Executive
Council on Higher Education (CHE)
P.O. Box 14046
Or hand deliver at the CHE offices located at 5 BOWKER ROAD, OLD EUROPA, Maseru by 4:00p.m. on Friday 8thMarch, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
For a more detailed job profile please visit our Website: www.che.ac.ls
- Only applications that meet the required criteria will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED ARE REQUESTED NOT TO RE-APPLY