JANUARY, 2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR STUDY IN THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Applications for scholarships are invited from interested Lesotho citizens who wish to pursue priority Bachelor’s Degrees, Honours, Masters, and PhDs at selected universities in the Republic of South Africa for the Academic Year beginning in January 2019.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
• International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
• Senior Certificate – Matriculation Exemption, admissible into Bachelor’s Degree
• Any other recognized A-Level academic qualifications
• COSC with at least 2nd class pass with aggregate not more than 34 with at least credit C in all subjects relevant to the programme of study applied for.
• IGCSE with APS below 26 and at least credit C in all subjects relevant to the programme of study applied for.
• All 1st year University registered students may apply using their current academic results. This must be students already enrolled for the programme of study on the priority list. All 1st semester or 1st year courses must have been registered for and passed.
• Transcript of completed bridging course relevant to the program applied for.
• Transcript of completed N5 or N6 relevant to the sponsored programme of study.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
• First Degree from a recognized institution, for Honours and Masters Applications.
• Master’s Degree from a recognized institution, for PhD applications.
Applicants must submit their applications as follows:
• Application letter addressed to Director –NMDS, stating programme of study (programme of study should be amongst the identified list of priorities), university applied to
• Original and certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts (from Primary Leaving School up to the highest qualification). SKILLS SHARPENING SHORT TERM CERTIFICATES, CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE/PARTICIPATION ARE NOT REQUIRED;
• Original and certified copies of Lesotho National ID and Birth Certificate;
• Applicants must have paid at least 50% of their previous Loan Bursary
• Employer’s nomination letter for employed applicants. The letter must acknowledge duration of employment and programme of study applied for by the employee.
All foreign and local private qualifications should be evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
All programmes applied for should be on the list of National priority areas identified in the list attached to the advertisement.
All applications should be hand delivered to NMDS Scholarship Office – in the NMDS One-Stop-Shop Facility from Monday the 28th August to Friday 5th October 2018. Together with the submission of applications, all applicants must register at the following NMDS link/ Online-Portal: www.scholarships.manp.gov.ls