(max 100 words)
|NACOSA is looking for a suitably qualified candidate within South Africa for the position of Sex Work Programme Specialist|
|Location||Pretoria or Cape Town|
|Questions to||[email protected]|
|Deadline||24h00 on Sunday, 17 February 2019|
South Africa has the highest number of people living with HIV in the world – over 7 million people. To turn the tide on HIV and AIDS, we need to bring all sectors of society together and strengthen the community systems that support people.
NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19 year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
We do this through mobilizing our network of over 1,700 organisations, promoting dialogue between government and affected people, building capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channeling resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly for children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
The Sex Work Programme Specialist role
The Programme Specialist position supports and delivers on NACOSA’s Sex Work Programme implemented in 14 districts across 6 provinces in SA, reporting to the Key Populations Manager.
The key performance areas of the role are:
- Develop and maintain a Sex Work Programme Implementation Description detailing the theory of change and the implementation model aligned to country priorities and evidence informed methodologies.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation plan of the Sex Work Programme over a 3-year grant period.
- Provide in-depth programmatic guidance and leadership to implementing partners through network meetings and programmatic materials development.
- Analyse programme performance and report to stakeholders and donors as required.
- Network with, and build strategic alliances and relationships with key stakeholders in the Sex Work field and act as a thought leader in the development and evaluation of sex worker programmes in South Africa.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
We are looking for an experienced programme specialist with a successful track record of programme management.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years specific HIV prevention-related work experience in the health and social development sectors, and preferably in the field of key populations at risk for HIV.
- Experience in programme planning, implementation, management and M&E, including management of outsourced partners.
- Knowledge about: HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health; HIV Testing Services; economic strengthening interventions; evidence-informed and rights-based programming for key populations; the relevant national policies and guidelines pertaining to key populations and HIV services.
- Excellent communications skills in English, including the ability to guide implementers and service providers on the programme.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience of web-based data systems and ability to create graphs, flow diagrams and GANTT charts.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of big donor processes/requirements will be a benefit.
- Must be a human rights advocate with excellent advocacy skills and experience.
- Driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
CLOSING DATE: 17 February 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.