Linesmen (13 Positions) in the Engineering Division
EENG: T&D 0171
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned positions. The positions are tenable in the Transmission and Distribution Department. Applicants may be expected to work at any LEC Depots through out the country. The incumbents will be responsible to their respective Area Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Certificate in Electrical Installation
- 1 year relevant experience in an electrical related environment will be an added advantage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Among others, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Patrols lines and climbs towers/poles to inspect and rectify defects.
- Digs holes and trenches.
- Plants and dresses poles and line stringing.
- Repairs, maintains and constructs power lines.
- Cleans tools and keep them safe.
- Cleans substations (buildings & outdoor yards) under authorized persons.
- Adhere to safe working practices in compliance with the safety rules & regulations.
- Attends to planned work and unplanned work on power lines and substations under authorised persons.
- Attends to emergencies beyond normal working hours.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly marked the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver at the Registry, P O Box 423, Maseru 100, LEC Head office on or before 14th February, 2019. References should be made to EENG: T&D 171 on all applications.