Lerotholi Polytechnic is committed to advancing technological, scientific, commercial education and training through research and development.
DIVISION : ACADEMIC
SCHOOL : SCHOOL OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
JOB TITLE : LECTURER II – WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
REPORT TO : HEAD OF PROGRAMME
Under general supervision of the Head of Programme, the Lecturer II is responsible for teaching and monitoring of students as well as monitoring them on industrial attachment. Conducts curriculum review, internal examination moderation, and also assists in the
overall development of the Programme.
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials, delivers lectures and/or conducts practical
for 20 to 24 hours per week
- Assists the Head of Programme for the development of the Programme.
- Conducts tests and examinations for assessments and keep updated records.
- Monitors students on industrial attachment to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Participates in curriculum review
- Facilitates departmental community engagement projects.
- Assistance with administrative and other duties as prescribed by the Head of Department or Representative as delegated.
- Facilitates departmental research and publications
- Contributes in the internal moderation of examination papers.
- MSc in Environmental Management
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- The incumbent should be able to teach Integrated Environmental Management.
- Two years teaching experience in tertiary level will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiar with Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- A strong passion for teaching and research
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications, which should include Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
– The closing date for all applications is Tuesday 20th November, 2018 at 16:00 hours