Lerotholi Polytechnic is committed to advancing technological, scientific, commercial education and training through research and development.
DIVISION : ACADEMIC
SCHOOL : SCHOOL OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
JOB TITLE : LECTURER II – ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
REPORT TO : HEAD OF PROGRAMME
Under general supervision of the Head of Programme, the Lecturer II is responsible for teaching and monitoring of students as well as monitoring them on industrial attachment. Conducts curriculum review, internal examination moderation, and also assists in the overall development of the programme.
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials, delivers lectures and/or conducts practical
- and studio work sessions for 20 to 24 hours per week
- Assists the Head of Programme for the development of the programme.
- Conducts tests and examinations for assessments and keep updated records.
- Monitors students on industrial attachment to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Participates in curriculum review
- Facilitating departmental community engagement projects.
- Assistance with administrative and other duties as prescribed by the Head of Department
- or Representative as delegated.
- Facilitating departmental research and publications
- Contributes in the internal moderation of examination papers.
MSc. in Architecture or Architectural Technology or Architectural Studies or Equivalent
BSc. in Architecture or Architectural Studies, or B. Tech in Architectural Technology or
EXPIRIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Two years professional working experience
- Two years teaching experience in tertiary level will be an added advantage.
KNOWLWDGE AND SKILLS
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- A strong passion for teaching and research
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications, which should include Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
– The closing date for all applications is Tuesday 20th November, 2018 at 16:00 hours