SERVICE DELIVERY POINT SURVEY
Post Title : Lead Consultant
Contract type : Individual
Duration : 1 month
Duty station : UNFPA Country Office, Maseru
UNFPA is looking to recruit a Consultant to conduct the Service Delivery Point (SDP) Survey on availability of Reproductive Health Commodities and Family Planning Services. The incumbent will undertake the following main tasks:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Take overall leadership of the survey and will work in collaboration with Ministry of health RHCS TWG, supply chain unit, pharmaceutical services and UNFPA supplies coordinator.
• Develop a tentative schedule of visits to facilities in each region. This should be revised with each team during the training session. The ministry of health facility list that is up to date will be required.
• Ensure that logistics for the field work are taken care of and each team has sufficient number stationary (questionnaires, clipboards, pencils, and DSAs letters to facilities in advance.
• Work closely with ministry of health to ensure that the survey has been presented to the senior management of Ministry of Health for buy in and support.
• Liaise with Ministry of Health ensure that letters are sent to all health facilities and district health management.
• During data collection the consultant will be in contact with all team supervisors to monitor progress, help them with logistical issues and solve any technical issues that might arise.
• Track rate of completion of teams and constantly communicate with MOH, UNFPA and other stakeholders in order to assist teams that might not finish on time and make filed visit to all team to monitor progress assist to ensure data quality.
• Write bi-weekly progress report on the survey undertakings
Master’s in public health, Masters in Pharmacy or similar qualifications or equivalence
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least five-year research experience in health field.
• Must know ministry of health policies, guidelines and standards e.g. RHCS Policy and RMCAH & N strategy, medicines policy, Essential Medicines List etc.
• Experience with health care system and knowledge of family planning and reproductive health commodity security data system
• Must be a team player and be able to work independently as well
• Experience in leading research teams and undertaking research in the field of health
• Excellent computer skills, writing and communicating in English.
• Experience working with statistical data analysis packages such as SPSS, EPI info or STATA required.
• Ability to develop data shells.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants should send their applications to [email protected] on or before 12:00 noon Thusrday 4th April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.