Peace Corps/Lesotho is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Health Program Manager.
The Program Manager (PM) reports to and is supervised by the Peace Corps Director of Programming and Training (DPT). S/he is directly responsible for developing, managing and implementing, and evaluating Peace Corps projects in the areas of health, HIV/AIDS and adolescent health. S/he is responsible for providing supervision, support and training to approximately 45 Peace Corps Volunteers in Lesotho. The PM serves as a member of the in-country Peace Corps senior staff participating in the development and implementation of in-country policies; negotiating projects with middle to senior level Government of Lesotho officials; and participating in decisions which affect the overall operation of the in-country Peace Corps program.
The full statement of work for this position can be downloaded at https://www.peacecorps.gov/lesotho/contracts. Applicants should carefully review the statement of work prior to applying for the position.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Peace Corps/Lesotho offers a competitive salary, medical aid, and other benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé along with an error-free, compelling cover letter to be considered. Application materials must clearly demonstrate how the applicant meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the position. Please do not apply for this position if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Application materials must be received by Peace Corps/Lesotho by 5 pm on Monday, January 28th, 2019. Applications can be submitted to Peace Corps/Lesotho, Makaoteng Estates, P.O. Box 554, Maseru or by email to [email protected]. Peace Corps/Lesotho will respond only to shortlisted candidates.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- Minimum of 7 years working in public health
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with international organizations
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience with adolescents
- Experience working in HIV prevention, care and treatment topic areas
- Experience supervising staff
- Program management experience
- Solid computer and internet skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Peace Corps or other American agencies or international Volunteer organizations
- Experience working in HIV prevention, care and treatment with adolescents
- Proven ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to cultivate contacts in private businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government ministries
- Ability to work within and across teams effectively
- Ability to respect confidentiality and handle sensitive information discreetly
- Flexibility and adaptability
The United States Peace Corps, an agency of the U.S. government, is the largest non-Basotho development volunteer organization in Lesotho with over 100 Peace Corps Volunteers assigned across all 10 districts as teachers and health educators. We have been operating in Lesotho for over 50 years, in collaboration with Basotho, and in support of Lesotho’s development goals.
To apply for this job please visit www.peacecorps.gov.