JOB TITLE: IT Systems Engineer
DEPARTMENT: IT Infrastructure Services
REPORTS TO: IT INFRASTRUCTURE SUPERVISOR
PURPOSE OF THE ROLES
• Implementation of commercial IT Infrastructure Projects and Support
• To manage and deliver commercial projects that satisfy customer needs
• To install and operate LAN and WAN services.
• To plan and implement diverse networks and computer systems.
• To provide strategic inputs into the success and development of the CBS infrastructure department.
1. Prepare technical project documents and reports.
2. Organize training programs for customers and develop related resources.
3. Follow and develop guidelines to reduce negative customer IT incidents.
4. Carry out essential systems analytical responsibilities.
5. Provide prompt and efficient support to customers.
6. Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
7. Prioritize workload to maximize productivity and minimize customer downtime.
8. Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
9. Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation in order to enhance CBS business.
10. Work with clients to influence new business
11. Act as technical Project lead during project implementation
12. Assist in quality assurance of infrastructure projects or services
13. Provide technical assistance to other junior colleagues.
CORE COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
1. Good strategic thinking and analytical ability
2. Knowledge of latest Windows AD Domain
3. Knowledge of Linux operating system
4. Experience in Virtualisation
5. Good planning and time management
6. Work both independently and in a team with minimal supervision
7. Self-motivated, continuous learning orientation
8. A strong grasp of computer security when dealing with internet
9. Ability to configure switches, firewalls and routers
10. Strong business development acumen with good presentation skills;
11. Excellent technical writing skills;
12. Ability to handle multiple activities and function well under pressure.
13. Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP and other networking concepts
• Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Related Field
• CCNA, MCSE or VMware certification will be an added advantage
• Must have at least two (2) years of experience in a similar role
Interested candidates should forward an application letter, a detailed CV, certified copies of certificates and transcripts to: [email protected] OR hand deliver documents to:
The Human Resources Business Partner
Computer Business Solutions
Fourth Floor, Post Office Building
P.O. Box 10659
The deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, 23rd April, 2019.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days after deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.