Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (Wool and Mohair Promotion Invitation for Bids (IFB) (W8/C113/2018/2019)
Date: JANUARY 2019
Contract name: PROPOSED NEW SHEARING SHEDS AT MATSOKU HA MENO AND SEMENANYANE( MOKHOTLONG)
- The Government of Lesotho has received a loan from the OPEC Funding for International Development (OFID) towards the cost of Wool and Mohair Promotion Project and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the Contracts for: Proposed New Shearing Sheds at Matsoku Ha Meno and Semenanyane(W8/C113/2018/2019)
- The Wool and Mohair Promotion Project (WAMPP) through the Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture and Food security now invites sealed bids from interested and qualified bidders for the implementation of abovementioned civil works under the Contract Proposed New Shearing Sheds at Litsoetse, Semena and Ha Soai
- Lot 1 – Matsoku ha Meno
- Lot 2 – Semenanyana
Duration of Works: Three Months
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain detailed information, collect and inspect the Bidding Documents by the address mentioned below, from Monday to Friday 9:00 – 16:00:
|Wool and Mohair Promotion Project Department of Livestock ServicesOld Airport Road , Moshoeshoe II|
|P.O.BOX 24 MASERU Lesotho|
|Phone #:+26652519400;E-mail: [email protected]|
- Interested Bidders may obtain the Bidding Documents in English by the Address mentioned below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of M500.00: The method of payment will be cash only
There shall be a site inspection on the 07th MOKHOTLONG 2019 . Meeting point will be at MOKHOTLONG District Agricultural Officer (DAO) office at 09:00 hrs Lesotho time.
There shall be compulsory Pre-Bid Meeting on the 25th JANUARY 2019 at AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE HALL at 09:00 hrs
- Qualification requirements include:
a/ Average annual financial amount of construction works performed for the last three years for each of the respective Lots is:
b/ Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least 2 works of a nature, size and complexity equivalent to the Works for each of the respective Lot over the period of 5 years;
c/ Liquid assets and/or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of no less than:
M 1,000,000.00 per lot
d/ Valid Traders License and Tax Clearance certified at source.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 12th FEBRUARY 2019 at 13:45:00 Lesotho time.Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected and returned to the Bidders unopened. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 12th FEBRUARY 2019 at 14:00 Lesotho time.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures method set out in IFAD’ Project Procurement Guidelines and Handbook – September 2010. Bidding is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
- All bids shall be accompanied by a separate Bid Security of: M 20,000.00 for each Lot.
- The address for Payment of Bidding Document is
|MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE & FOOD SECURITYHEADQUATERS, CROPS ACCOUNTS OFFICE80 CONSTITUTION ROADMASERU 100LESOTHO TELEPHONE: +26652519400 EMAIL: [email protected].|
- The address for submission of bids is
|SECRETARY, TENDER BOX, NEXT TO BOARDROOM MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY80 CONSTITUTION ROAD|
|P.O.BOX 24 MASERU Lesotho|