Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
- INSPECTOR – EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT DISTRICTS (1) POST, GRADE H (M216,084.00 – M256,920 P.A)
Under the general supervision of District Education Manager, the incumbent is responsible for undertaking inspection of Schools in the assigned district to ensure compliance with and adherence to Education policies. The incumbent will liaise and offer support to Schools’ management. The incumbent will be answerable to the District Education Manager technically and the District Council Secretary administratively to undertake the following duties:-
- Conducts an annual school inspection program for the district or area of assignment
- Inspects educational establishment, applying agreed criteria for assessment of performance in a consistent and reliable manner
- Develops and delivers training programs for teachers, principals and school committees
- Advises the District Education Manager on curriculum provision, school administration, management and educational facilities provision
- Conducts action research on educational issues in the designated area
- Ensures implementation of and compliance of the Ministry’s policies.
Master’s Degree in Education plus two (2) years’ teaching experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, with five (5) years teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skills in instructional supervision, communication and teaching;
- A working knowledge of the Lesotho Educational Act, Teaching Service Regulations and School Management Regulations;
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Willingness to work in any part of Lesotho.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms (for serving officers), transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF EDUCATON AND TRAINING
P.O. BOX 47
MASERU – 100
Not later than 21st October, 2018