INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER In the Office of the Managing Director – IT Department
EMD: IT 0169 DATE: 28/11/2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three-year performance based contract. The position is at the Head Office in Maseru and the incumbent will be responsible to the Managing Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science / Information Systems
• A Post-graduate qualification in IT/IS Management or related field is highly-desirable and will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of (5) year’s relevant experience in Information & Communications Technology, 3 of which must have been in IT/IS Managerial responsibility.
• Experience in formulating IT strategies that are in line with business direction
• Strong knowledge of IT Governance principles and mechanisms. Certification in COBIT, ITIL or related professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Extensive knowledge and clear understanding of a wide-range of IT/IS in a distributed systems and applications environment.
• Sound Knowledge of cloud strategies, technologies and architectures
• Experience in Information and Cyber Security
• An IT/IS person with a sound knowledge of several aspects of IT/IS including: Systems networks, development, operations, management processes, strategies, policies, procedures and standards, IT project management and managing a pool of IT/IS skills.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation and management will be an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal, people skills and ability to build and manage a team of technical specialists.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Assertive and Performance driven.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent shall be responsible for performing the following:
• Provides advice to management and the general IT user community on all IT matters.
• Develops, implements and reviews IT strategies, policies, procedures and standards and ensures compliance by the user community thereto.
• Conducts planning and management of ICT infrastructure.
• Develops, reviews and manages IT contracts.
• Manages IT security, risk and ensures service continuity and manages disaster recovery plans
• Identify, assess, develop business cases for, and manage divisional IT related projects, ensuring that they are implemented as scheduled and within budget.
• Oversees and determines time-frames for major IT projects including systems updates, upgrades, migration and outages
• Develops and implements IT Policies and best practice guide for the organisation.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to the Human Resources Manager, P O Box 423, Maseru 100, or hand deliver at the Registry, LEC Head Office or email to [email protected] on or before 21st December 2018 at 12:30 hrs. References should be made to EMD: IT 0169 on all applications.