HOPE Cape Town, a local non-profit Organisation providing outreach and education in the field of HIV and AIDS and related illnesses, seeks a full-time medical doctor to co-manage the HOPE Doctor portfolio.
Project management and support
- Planning, initiating and executing HOPE Cape Town Association projects and programs.
- Identify research opportunities; plan and implement formal and informal research with translation into the community
- Provide comprehensive clinical care to children at health care facilities which HOPE Cape Town supports.
- Train and support the HOPE Community Health Workers
- Provide mentorship, training and awareness as required
- Interact with donors and media as required
- Participate in HOPE Cape Town events
The HOPE Doctor will be based at the HOPE Cape Town offices at Tygerberg Campus, University of Stellenbosch, but will be required to travel to health care facilities and community based projects. The successful candidate will form part of senior staff team. This is a full time position (40 hours per week). He/She will report to the Program Coordinator.
- M.B.Ch.B (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- Valid Registration with HPCSA (Health Professions Council South Africa)
- Registration with MPS (Medical Protection Society)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior Communication Skills: Fluent in English (spoken and written); other languages an asset
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Drivers licence with independent transport
- No criminal record
- Work permit (if not SA resident)
- Project management and administrative experience
- At least one year’s experience in managing HIV positive patients on ARV treatment (including children)
- Diploma in HIV Management of college of family physicians of South Africa (Dip HIV Man (SA))
- Research experience
- Interest in development within community health
Applications should include a covering letter detailing each of the identified qualifications and skills, proof of qualifications and a current CV and a minimum of two references. Completed applications may be forwarded
To: Dr Izane Reyneke HOPE Cape Town Phone 021 – 938 993, Fax 021 – 938 666 Email [email protected] or Room 0005B; K floor, Clinical Building, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Tygerberg Campus University of Stellenbosch, P.O. Box 19145, Tygerberg 7505 Cape Town – South Africa
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview
Closing date for applications: 20 January 2019.